Foods for Proteinuria due to Lupus2013-09-02 11:12
Many individuals with lupus - about 1 in 2 - have kidney disease. For the most part, kidney problems are from damage to a part of the kidney known as the glomerulus. As a result, the impaired kidneys cannot do their job properly, leading to symptoms like proteinuria. Here, we would like to talk about foods for proteinuria due to lupus. For personalized advice, chat with our online doctor directly!
Treatment for proteinuria in lupus largely depends on the underlying cause. Apart from medication and drugs, follow a well balanced diet is very essential.
* Limit the intake of protein so the kidneys are not stressed too much for filtering the proteins. Patients are suggested to avoid certain foods like meat, nuts, cheese, milk, poultry, soy, dried fruits, etc.
* Include a variety of fruits and vegetables in the daily meal.
* Increase the water intake and fresh juices can help patients recover faster.
* Restrict the intake of sodium and potassium are also necessary at times.
* It is also best avoid fad diets that advocate either an excess or an exclusion of certain kinds of foods.
If you would like to get the best diet plan for your individualized disease condition, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
Besides, patients are advised to make lifestyle changes like staying out of the sun, wearing sunblock, avoiding stress, getting enough sleep, and doing regular exercises. In addition, it is a must to avoid smoking and drinking excessive amounts of alcohol.
Certainly, the best solution is to find a holistic therapy like Immunotherapy which can not only help patients get rid of various symptoms like proteinuria, but also treat lupus and kidney disease from the root cause. For more information, please leave a message in the below.
What you also want to know:
How can I get this treatment ?
How can I get this treatment in my counties ?
How much is this treatment ?
What is the duration if I receive this treatment in your hospital ?
How can I go to your hospital ?
Tag: Lupus Nephritis Diet